... to grandmother's house we go! :)
Today, we visited grandma and grandpa's (host family's grandparents) summer cabin in the country. It was absolutely gorgeous and was surrounded by trees, a creek, and huge hills/mountains (very small mountains) with cool rock formations on them. The original cabin was built somewhere near 1900, but was rebuilt about 15 years ago. Even though it was rebuilt, it still has the gorgeous architecture and feel of a house built in the 1900's. It was a very relaxing afternoon. :)
Today marks two weeks and a day since I've been here. I don't have too much to report other than having some more amazing meals, good weather, and meeting new people. School is going well and I'm definitely learning a lot. I actually feel a bit behind, so I should study. I'm meeting a bunch of cool people at the school and a church, some from the states (one from Seattle!) and others from around the globe.
Tomorrow, I'm going to visit the English speaking church and then tour La Segrada Familia. I'm definitely excited about that. Oh, and the weather has really cleared up! Apparently, this is what winter is normally like: sunny, a bit chilly, but not too cold (about 11-15 degrees Celsius), and not much rain. I'm looking forward to the no rain part. Seattle is very depressing in the winter... and you really never get used to it.
I'm going to watch some more Veronica Mars (TV show). Thank you, Erin, for lending me Season 1. :) I'm addicted.
Buenos noches,
Linnell
P.S. Two more Catalan phrases I've picked up:
-Molt be ("Mole-beh"): good job!
- ("Sees plow"): please
Also, in both Catalan and Spanish, the equivalent of the English "okay" is "vale", pronounced "ball-eh". :) The kids say it all of the time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Hola Linnell,
Me gusto leer su blog.
Es un buen adventuro, si?
Pardon mi Espanol. No he hablado o escrito para muchos anos.
Ojala que se gusta este ano.
- Franna
Aunt Franna! It is so good to hear from you and I'm so glad my parents told you about this. :) Haha, and I love your picture. It is very you.
Tu hablas espanol muy bien... I'm impressed! I'm going to miss having Thanksgiving, Christmas, and Easter with you and the fam this year. Apparently, though, I'm going to be present at the table via Skype. We'll see. Haha.
Post a Comment